Selling a house & getting the right price for it can sometimes take a lot longer than you’d like. Follow these 10 tips to help you reach more potential buyers and sell your house more quickly
- Get a good estate agency. Selling a house well takes time, knowledge, and graft, so it’s no surprise that some estate agents are better than others. Some have a good local presence along with a consistent social media presence. Also ask things like do they use the major property portals such as Right Move, Zoopla and On the Market? What kind of contract do they offer? How will they manage viewings? How long will they keep it on the market for? Pick your estate agent carefully!
- If you have a garden, give it a blitz. The garden is one of the most important factors in selling a house for many people so try to get it looking good. This one may be for a professional gardener as they’ll also be able to take away any of the garden waste.
- Choose the right time to sell. Summer is traditionally a bad time to sell with summer holidays and kids off school, and winter can be difficult too. Spring and autumn are considered better times with fewer holidays but still often good weather.
- De-clutter, tidy, & clean your windows. Also consider getting a professional cleaning company to come in and do a ‘deep clean’.
- Good, professional photographs make a massive difference. The first time that most potential buyers see your home will be on the internet looking at the photos. You’re competing against a lot of other homes so yours needs to stand out! Many estate agents save money by taking the photos themselves (even sometimes just using their phones!), but professional estate agency photos will normally cost as little as £60 which can be a very wise investment! Call 360 Virtual View for more information on professional estate agency photography
- Consider a virtual tour. Many potential buyers are hesitant to visit in person these days and most have busy lives. Allowing your potential buyers to explore your home when they want, and in a way that is convenient for them can be a massive bonus! A virtual tour will take around an hour to create but can save a huge amount of time – not to mention reducing the number of people you have visiting your home in person! Call 360 Virtual View for more information on virtual tours. Book the virtual tour yourself or ask your estate agent to arrange it.
- Bread in the oven, and flowers on the table. Making your home look and smell homely will help potential buyers to feel at home see themselves in your home. Flowers also add a splash of colour to a home
- Disassociate yourself. Some research has shown that removing some personal items from your home (such as family photos) makes it easier for potential buyers to envisage themselves there.
- Tackle the DIY. It might be time to get all those little DIY jobs around the house done. Again, consider getting a handyman or professional to come in and help you get this one ticked off the list
- Get online yourself. If you or your friends have social media channels there’s no reason you can’t also talk about your house being for sale. The more you get it out there, the more likely you are to find a buyer
Of course, once you’re ready to move to a new house, you’ll need a moving company too. Acorn Removals will help with the full packaging, storage and removals service.
Book your removals company & order your packing boxes
Here at Acorn Removals we’re so much more than just a ‘removals’ company. We also provide the highest quality secure storage, all the packaging you might need, professional packing services, and support with the whole move.
Call Acorn Removals today on:
- Mobile – 07888 397 963
- Sheffield – 0114 233 2897
- Rotherham – 01709 847 328
- Barnsley – 01226 446 896
- Doncaster – 01302 245 297